Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
meQuilibrium impacts the potential and performance of employees through the power of resilience. Our company culture offers a positive, team-based, fast-paced environment that’s grounded in the very values it teaches. We believe in supporting creative, entrepreneurial spirits —and we’re looking for people like you.
We are looking for a Senior Software QA Engineer to join our Technology department. You will be part of a larger group of QA, software, and Frontend engineers, working closely with our Product department to deliver quality software to millions of users from Fortune 500 as well as midmarket companies. As a Senior QA engineer, you will collaborate on test plan development and execution, develop automated test cases for core product components, and mentor your peers to foster a high-performing QA team. We believe that new ideas come from everywhere in our organization, and the next big one could be yours.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience as a professional QA engineer, with experience in black- and white- box testing
- You can discuss the products you’ve shipped, the tests you wrote, and how you’ve improved productivity through automation
- You have experience testing cross-platform, cross-device, web and mobile platforms
- You have experience with various automated testing suites like Cypress, Selenium, Robot, Katalon etc
- You take a customer-first approach to your work
- You recognize the need to manage testing timelines so that other engineers have adequate time to resolve issues prior to shipping dates
- Your goal is not to be a fault-finder, instead you facilitate process development to help engineers improve their own personal testing patterns prior to QA
- You have experience with source control systems like Git
- You can demonstrate an understanding of the SDLC life cycle and are not dogmatic about any specific implementation of project management. Your focus is the release, not the journey
- Experience and interest in Front- or Back-end engineering is a plus. We foster an environment where QA engineers can transfer to the Software development team if aptitude is demonstrated
- You actively search out telemetry to aid in identifying and diagnosing undiscovered bottlenecks, pain points and UX issues in software
- Own the quality strategy for key features and functionality in the meQ platform
- Create and review QA test plans for release cycles, mentoring peers in how to develop the most effective plans and testing strategies possible
- Develop tooling and implement third-party testing to consistently remove manual testing processes when alternatives are available
- Build relationships with software engineers, helping them improve their own pre-QA testing
- Continually advocate for QA execution and reaction time when planning product release timelines
- Exhibit excellent attention to detail when testing, proving yourself as a trusted member of the Technology team
- Continual evaluation of SDLC and QA processes for areas where we can improve as a team and an organization
- Identify areas where TDD/ATDD are deficient and could result in a reduction in the QA process.
While this position is currently remote, preference will be given to candidates in the greater Boston area (return to office targeted for late 2021 in a hybrid arrangement). Must be able to work east coast hours.
meQuilibrium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We encourage all to apply.