Director of Data Engineering
meQuilibrium impacts the potential and performance of employees through the power of resilience. Our company culture offers a positive, team-based, fast-paced environment that’s grounded in the very values it teaches. We believe in supporting creative, entrepreneurial spirits —and we’re looking for people like you.
We’re seeking a Director of Data Engineering to become a key contributor on the Customer Analytics team. In this role you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and managing processes to ensure SLAs including up-time and accuracy are met for meQuilibrium’s soon to be launched customer self-service reporting Product.
- Design, implement, document and QA end to end data services from ingestion to transformation
- Provision monitoring and standard operating procedures to meet SLAs and mitigate issues
- Manage end-user (internal and external) access controls
- Enhance Customer data onboarding process which includes mapping and verifying customer data
- Partner with Director of Reporting on future releases of customer self-service reporting Product
- Manage / mentor junior engineer
Successful candidates will have the following skills and 8 years of hands-on experience:
- Experience in relational database (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Proficient in ETL methodology in performing Data Migration, Extraction and Transformation
- Hands-on work with one or more cloud data warehouse / data lake solutions (Snowflake, Redshift, Google BigQuery or equivalent platform)
- Strong software engineering experience and deep familiarity programming with languages such as Python, PHP
- Comfortable using Linux based tools
- Experience working with a BI platform such as Tableau, or equivalent solution
- Experience with Identity as a Service platform such as Okta
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with stakeholders across different levels and within different functions
- People management skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain performance level in a fast-paced agile environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Experience in a regulated field such as healthcare or banking
While this position is currently remote, preference will be given to candidates in the greater Boston area (return to office targeted for late 2021 in a hybrid arrangement). Must be able to work east coast hours.
meQuilibrium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We encourage all to apply.